Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cheapest DX10 video card that can game at 1080p

• Please log in to reply

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I ended up not doing anything, just sitting and waiting...

And is the wait now over with the new 8800gt? Will it be able to handle 1920x1080? (To put that in perspective for you non-widescreen gamers, 1920x1080 = 2073600 pixels, 1600x1200 = 1920000 pixels. Difference between 1920x1080 and 1600x1200 = 153000 pixels.)

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Yes, the 8800GT would be your best bet for the price. If shipments are as tight as it is in canada, your going to have a difficult time getting any though, these cards are in high demand right now, so their prices have been inflated.
James

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I ordered one from AusPCMarket, the Gainward version for AUD$345 including postage. It's going to be sweet :) Mind you, I ordered on Tuesday, paid on Wednesday, and probably won't get it till mid-next week. Oh, I just double-checked and you are in America, I thought you were in Australia for some reason :) Oh well.

I hope in all that sitting and waiting you did, you were still saving an extra few dollars :) This card will well and truly power your HDTV:

Featuring the revolutionary second generation NVIDIA PureVideo™ HD engine Delivers the astounding Blu-Ray and HD DVD movies picture quality on a PC with 100% offload of H.264 video decoding from the CPU with significantly reduced power consumption.

Dual DVI (with Dual-link DVI, support up to 2560x1600) and Video out connector with S-Video/Composite/HDTV support.
Provides world-class HDTV-out functionality up to 1080i resolution.

Edited by troy, 01 November 2007 - 08:05 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 2,579 posts
So, I finally ended up getting a g92 8800gts from EVGA. It already came, but I can't open it until Christmas... But I'll be sure to benchmark it then and share the results! Even though there will probably be plenty of benchmarks on the internet by then...

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
:)