Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Share internet connection

• Please log in to reply

CHS

CHS

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Is it possible to share your desktop internet connection through a wireless router with a 3g mobile phone. My phone gives me the option to create a new connection. these are the options that can be typed in

Set Name
Access Name
Auth Type (can be normal, secure or none)
User ID
Password
Protocol
Home URL
Proxy Address (can be HTTP,other, or WAP)
Linger time (sec.)
Advanced settings:
Static IP (local phone IP)
Static DNS (server 1, server 2)
Traffic Class (can be subscribed, conversation, streaming, interactive or backround)

If it matters my phone is a 3G Samsung Sync (ATT)

Advertisements

Hawaiantom

Hawaiantom

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Are you trying to use the phone as your Internet connection?

CHS

CHS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no I am just trying to get an internet connection on my phone by using a wireless G Linksys router or any thing else that will work. In other words I want to use the same internet for my computer and mobile phone.

Basicly I want to get an internet connection on my phone so I dont have to pay for the unlimited or other cell phone data packages.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
this is only doable if your phone is compatible with 802.11 standards (wireless routers etc..) you'll have to check the documentation on your phone to see if it can handle such things

as a note the 3g in your phone is not the same g as the wireless router standard

CHS

CHS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I checked in my user manual and all around google but I cant find if my phone meets those standards