Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card prob=(

• Please log in to reply

jef+pal106

jef+pal106

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Good day to all!

ive been having problems with my PC when starting it i dont receive any post total black-out.. so what i do is take the mobo out and put it in a cardboard.. there i started a minimal boot.. first boot is with the cpu and cpufan only its ok.. then the memory its fine also... but when i put the video card it keeps on booting... no beeps received.. could it be the video card? thanks for reading this! any kind of help or advice is very much appreciated.. thanks again!

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
does the pc maybe have another videocard onboard ? it could be that the pc sends it signal there. DO you have second card to test with? it sounds like either one of the 2.

Rik

jef+pal106

jef+pal106

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

does the pc maybe have another videocard onboard ? it could be that the pc sends it signal there. DO you have second card to test with? it sounds like either one of the 2.

Rik

View Post

thanks for the reply! bad luck doesnt have any on-board video.. as well as a spare video card.. any ways that i can confirm that its the video card? or could it be the port from the mobo? because although ive put the video card firmly its somehow loose...