Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook issue after changing Exchange Servers

• Please log in to reply

GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have uncovered an Outlook 2003 issue after changing Exchange Servers.

This issue is related to a new user opening Outlook after the old Exchange 5.5 server has been decommissioned.

It seems that the settings that is used to create the new users computer profile fails to use the new settings in the custom11.prf pointing to the new server. The users profile manages to open Outlook correctly, however several errors are displayed. ( can't locate pn.exe and project manager.lnk)

The issue appears to have been created in the original instal of office 2003 in the custom installation wizard where the old server was specified. I have tried changing this using the Customization wizard, but this fails to correct the problem.

I would like to find out if I can alter the settings contained in the default user profile (computer) and change the default exchange server there.

The only way I have been able to correct the problem is to create a new istallation, uninstall 2003 and reinstall using the new setup. I don't want to do this 400 times.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements