Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP ERROR C00D109B

• Please log in to reply

koaheart

koaheart

• Pip
  • 6 posts
You've encountered error message C00D109B while using Windows Media Player. A codec that is required for playback is not installed on your computer. ??

Ok I realize what it is but does anyone know a trusty site where to get what I need to play avi files?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Codec Installation Package
Windows Media Player Codec Installation Package 9
HTHs,

Ron

koaheart

koaheart

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Codec Installation Package
Windows Media Player Codec Installation Package 9
HTHs,

Ron

Ok, I tried your file and got this new msg:

This version of Windows Media Technologies is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, view the information at the Microsoft web site. (I'm running XP Home ed).

It say's it's good for WMP Ver 7+ and I have 11. So another dead end. Some things on my PC just hates me I guess :)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
in Windows
Use AVIcodec to identify the video format and audio format of almost any video source. AVIcodec will tell you what video codecs or filters you need to be able to play it on your computer. It will also give you the the video and audio properties/details/information such as resolution, framerate(fps) and bitrate(for example to check if your source is PAL or NTSC, NTSC=29,97/23,976fps and PAL=25fps).

For more info you can visit http://www.videohelp.com/play#identify and scroll about mid way down the page looking for How to identify a video source, what video and audio codec(s) it requires and its properties.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Was going to suggest something similar, but using GSpot. Both will do the job so it's your choice. Since you have version 11 of WMP, it may be another problem. Just be careful if you open a video and it's requesting a specific codec online. It could very well be malware.

Here's another site that has Win XP codecs: Free-Codecs.com

These may also help:
Windows Media Player Error Message Help (You've encountered error message C00D109B while using Windows Media Player. The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.)
Windows Media Player Help Articles List

Ron