Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Site problems

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Notifications are a bit spotty for me, too. I'll kick it upstairs...

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Alright, good to know that it's not just me (or is it?).
I'm going to check if it's not placing the topics in my subscription folder or whether it's my e-mail client filtering some out. All e-mails are sent from a single address, correct? Are you using hotmail as well?
James

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I use a Gmail account and am experiencing the same problem as you. I get notifications for some topics and not others...no notifications for PM's at all.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Well I'm getting e-mails from PM's, so our problems differ in that regard, which is weird.
I just went to check what topics I was subscribed to, and my account is subscribed to a number of topics that I know I'm not getting e-mail notifications from.
James

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Notifications are being sent correctly. However, a unavoidable side affect of changing IP addresses on the mail server is the spotty delivery. Large email services use many servers, and it can take a while to get them all on the same page. Some may mark a message as spam, some may block mail for exceeding message limits, etc. However, please continue to report any issues so I can notice any trends, and follow up as needed.