Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connect to Printer?

• Please log in to reply

MK92

MK92

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, i have a vista premium 32 bit dell laptop and i am trying to connect to a HP printer that is directly connected by cable to a XP home desktop. The internet connects directly to our desktop, and that is connected to a router, which is how I get internet on my laptop. i had it connected before, by going to start on my vista laptop > control panel > printers > add a printer > add a local printer > create new port and then entering \\computername\printername. I cannot connect over normally w/ adding a network printer. The thing is, I can connect to my home network and internet fine, but neither computer shows up on the other when viewing our home network.

Please help me connect! I need to print now! Remember:

vista premium laptop, xp home desktop

pleaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeee help
Edit/Delete Message

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Sorry -- wrong post replied to --- that's a first!

Pip

Edited by pip22, 19 December 2007 - 12:38 AM.

MK92

MK92

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
anyone?