Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck at startup

• Please log in to reply

Leiding

Leiding

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm not sure if this was the right section or not, so sorry if it isn't.
Anyways, I had a new vista computer built earlier this year, and I haven't had many problems with it up until today. I downloaded a program off the internet, and I'm not sure if it had some malware or what, but a couple minutes after installing it I got a message about how windows had a critical error, and would restart in a few seconds. I also got several messages I didn't have time to read, the only one I could make out was about explorer.exe having to restart.
Now whenever I restart the computer, it gets to a certain point, and the screen just goes black. Any suggestions? Oh, and I don't have the Vista disk, so I unfortunately can't do a system repair or whatever.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Leiding and welcome to Geeks to Go!

What program did you download from the internet?

Thanks,

Ax

Leiding

Leiding

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Edit: You know, nevermind. I found the Vista disk after all, and was able to do a system restore. Thanks though!

Edited by Leiding, 24 December 2007 - 05:21 PM.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Glad to hear it! Make sure to keep it in a safe place for future use.