Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Details Vista SP1 Changes

• Please log in to reply

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

Microsoft Corp. has posted a detailed account of the changes to Windows Vista in the service pack it is scheduled to roll out as a public beta this week.

The 17-page Word document details what Microsoft called "notable changes" in Vista SP1 Release Candidate 1 (RC1), the preview version that has been seeded to thousands of invitation-only testers in recent weeks and soon will be opened to all comers.

Microsoft touted scores of additions, improvements and enhancements to Vista in areas ranging from hardware support and reliability to security and synchronization with the also-upcoming Windows Server 2008.

The "performance and power consumption improvements" category, which sported the largest number of bullet-point items, promised that Vista would copy files locally 25% faster than before and copy files from a remote PC also running Vista SP1 50% faster. Vista SP1 will also read large images faster, and the bundled Internet Explorer 7 has been tweaked so that it renders JavaScript-intensive sites as fast as earlier versions of IE.

More...

Nice changes for Vista users... if they work as "advertised".

Ron

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
I personally am gonna wait before downloading it and see if it makes everyone else's computers blow up first.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
let t he mindless interwebs monkeys test it out first :)

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I may install the SP on my machine so that if it crashes I can learn what I need to do to fix it.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Well... I'm waiting for SP1, then I'll buy a new hard drive and install Vista just to try it out.