Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection problems

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I have comcast cable Internet and my service recently went out for a day or two and once it as restored to our house, ever computer but my laptop was working correctly. My internet is there but it is very very slow. It takes sometimes 20min to load a webpage. Google (my homepage) loads instantly and my searches from there loaded realativley quickly aswell... But anything from there is slow... I'm glad I'm home from school because I can't get anything done and online games are out I of the question. I have reset the router and even called comcast about it but nothing helped. I reset the built in wireless card on my computer. Spyware (from spybot s&d) came up clean. So I don't know what to do at this point and I'm actually posting this from my new iPod LOL.

Thanks in advance!!!

Advertisements

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
also I have found that my computer has become much slower than usual and windows explorer has started to freeze regularly needing a soft reboot most of the time to correct things. it's driving me nuts now and I dunno what to do... I have even tried to system restore back to before this started happening but sadly no dice... I suspect a virus or malware of some sort but as aforementioned spyware us clean ans mcafee enterprise is showing nothing aswell.

Thanks