Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free virus protection for Windows SBS?

• Please log in to reply

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I'm looking for a basic and free anti virus program that works with Windows Small Business Server. This server is not actually being used in a business but more as a test bed for learning. All the same I would like to have at least some kind of anti virus protection on it and I don't have the funds to pay for anything right now. Anybody know of anything that will work?

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Most ( maybe all - haven't tried ) free anti-virus are free only for personal use and will not install on a server operating system.... having said that you could try clamav as that is an open source av I believe.... good luck

l0st.en.Drago

l0st.en.Drago

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Yeah, I use clamav in my Virtual Machine.. WS2K3
http://w32.clamav.net/

Good Have fun!

RjBass

RjBass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Thanks. I'll check it out. For the moment I have Avast SBS instaled as it's good for 90 days. But after that I may be out of luck unless I want to pony up and pay for something.

cable89

cable89

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Information on bypassing trial periods is not allowed.