Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista|| Explorer.exe/Desktop Issue

• Please log in to reply

thegreatocelot

thegreatocelot

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi;

Every time I start up the computer, the desktop keeps refreshing every 3-4 seconds, sometimes just stopping. I have to go into WTM and manually do everything from there.

Ive scanned with CCleaner, Spysweeper, and Trend Micro to no avail.
Heres an error message I get at startup:

[EDIT- I restarted the computer and now got a differrent error: Could not load or run C:\Users\[ME]\AppDate\Local\Temp/ljjhe.exe' I clicked OK on that and THEN got the original error: C;\Users\[ME]\AppData\Local\Temp\urqom.dll]

Please help me out when yall get a chance.
Thanks,
Mike

Edited by thegreatocelot, 11 January 2008 - 07:48 PM.

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
ljjhe.exe is considered a BHO file... Malware, if I am not mistaken. You should go to the malware section and follow the instructions there. Looks like urqom may also be malware.

Go HERE

Edited by PsychPosse, 11 January 2008 - 08:59 PM.

thegreatocelot

thegreatocelot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh.. thats wierd. Thanks for the quick reply. Which one of those links am I supposed to use though (if at all). Ive already scanned with SS and Tmicro.

Thanks

Edited by thegreatocelot, 11 January 2008 - 09:26 PM.

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
You can certainly try the self-help tutorials if you feel confident enough that you won't mess up anything on your computer. You might want to check this self-help tutorial HERE.

If you would like to receive help on this matter, then just skip the self help and follow through the steps. You can always ask for help in the malware forum.

I am sorry, I am not qualified to help you with this issue any further.