Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application failed to initiate... explorer

• Please log in to reply

Octothorpe

Octothorpe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm new to this site which seems to be great. I've reviewed similar topics but can't get going enough to provide you with info. Here's the deal:

in both normal and safe mode system boots to desktop without any icons or task bar. after OK to error message (see topic title) system hangs. ctrl-shift-esc and ctrl-alt-del have no effect.

I used an earlier copy of the disk to boot up and looked at the problem disk as a data disk. virus scan (symantec) ok, chkdsk fine and I defragmented it for good measure.

I would really like to get this later version of the operating system back up as I'm missing backup on some important stuff.

How can I get beyond this point so I can get info regarding what's going on? In preparation, I've read over the suggested links and downloaded several tools to a USB drive.

Many thanks

JAB

Advertisements