Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vista sp1

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
Would it be illegal or whatever its called or in violation of terms of uses if i ask does everyone think its safe to install the beta version of SP1? for vista that is

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
If you do not have "extensive" experience with computers or at least a good working knowledge of Vista, you might want to wait until the official release comes out.
Beta basically means it is being tested publicly. It is likely there will be some issues with it, although they shouldn't be serious.

I have what I would call above average computer/tech skills and I am fast getting aquainted with Vista, but I am going to wait for the official release of SP1.

But to answer your question, it is safe to use the beta SP1. However, I think you will have to deal with the headache of uninstalling it once the official release comes out.

Edited by PsychPosse, 16 January 2008 - 03:45 PM.

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
Do you know what fixes this SP1 will have? And the only issue i have with vista is the fact that if i plug in another USB flashdrive into my laptop, it will not work. It is also very slow when loading up. A few compatibility issues, but thats about it. I have to buy some more ram. Oh by the way.. any idea where i can buy some cheap notebook memory?? :)

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I am not up to speed with the SP1 fixes. But I bet Major Payne is :)

I don't look for cheap memory, in fact, I don't even shop around for a good buy. I just go to Crucial.com (Once I have good quality supply and service, I stick with it)

Do you mean you can only run 1 flashdrive at a time? Or do you mean that you have a flashdrive that vista isn't too friendly with? (like sandisk)

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
Vista isnt friendly with every flash drive but mine...It always says something about installing drivers, then it could never find the drivers.