Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System restore and Adobe Flash 9 messed up

• Please log in to reply

donna28016

donna28016

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,
I hope that I am posting this in the right forum. If not, please let me know. About two weeks ago my computer started getting "alot" of unwanted pop-ups and I know I am a victim of several viruses. I, then, could not open or delete "any" email nor could I watch a video or play games on the internet as I normally do. My system restore page came up as a total blank page so that was of no help. I tried to download Adobe Flash Player 9 and when I clicked on download, nothing happened. The button would not "click". I posted questions on here and I tried to do all the removals that my computer would allow that others suggested on here that I do. When I tried to do the "HIJACK THIS" the notepad would not come up. When I tried to download the Panda thing nothing would click on that either. Then my desktop page became completely blue with only the icons showing, ( I had my grandson's picture as my desktop).

I downloaded several of the virus removals and system clean-ups and used those but my computer seems to be getting worse. I have Windows XP and I use Timewarner cable. I downloaded the trial version of Norton, I have windows defender, and AVG that I use as well. I had the Trendmicro on my computer but my subscription ended and that is when my troubles began.

I am not that computer smart so if you walk me through it I know I can do it. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much for all the help I have received so far. It has meant alot! And "thank you" in advance for those that help in this matter.

Donna

Advertisements