Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What are you listening to?

• Please log in to reply

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Another unforgettable classic........

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
FYI

Most requested song - measured by air play royalties paid:

Today - the most requested song - by far - has been Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" Atlantic records has paid songwriters Plant/Page over $25,000,000 in airplay royalties for this song (at .03 cents per play) since it's release in 1974.

Get the "Led" out :)

The most "played" song FM Radio, is one of the beetles songs. "Yesterday" I think.

Sting - Fields of Gold

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Genesis - Follow you, follow me (1978)

enolagay

enolagay

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

:D :yeah:

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Robert Plant and Alison Kraus:

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Oh I love Alison Krause! Well Robert Plant too but his voice is not as angelic as Alison's. She grew up just a few miles south of me and I when she was very young from when I went to a few local talent contests with my brother in law and his family (country music band) which she was part of. That girl plays a mean fiddle!

This has always been one of my favorite songs of hers:

enolagay

enolagay

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
@sari: Thanks so much for this post - Robert Plant and Alison Kraus. It's an album I have meant to listen too for a long time, but kept forgetting about it. Now it's posted on GeeksToGo. I will now seek it out :)

There is a connection with Kraus and this next track. I wonder if DonnaB will post the answer. :)

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Alison Krauss played fiddle in that tune along side the Soggy Bottom Boys which was on the soundtrack of O Brother, Where Art Thou?

She is/was big into bluegrass. Yeeeehaaaw!

EDIT: OOoops! Forgot to wink at cha! ;)

Edited by DonnaB, 28 August 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Nutloaf

Nutloaf

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,790 posts
I did not know that, it is a better answer than the one I expected. She also plays fiddle on a couple of the Plant\Kraus album.

The connection was the track - Down To The River To Pray, see not as good a your answer :lol:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Nutloaf, I was first introduced to the Alison Kraus/Robert Plant collaboration on a TV show - Unplugged, maybe? I was really impressed, and (legally) downloaded Raising Sand. I then had the opportunity to see them in concert (really really surprising I would have done that) in support of the album, and to this day I consider it one of the best live shows I have seen. And yes, she plays an amazing fiddle, and her voice is so pure. I also felt that it showed how Robert Plant had been so successful for so long - he really is an amazing singer, and his feel for the blues/bluegrass both really comes through.

Changing direction now - this band opened for Of Monsters and Men this summer, and I was impressed by them.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
And I hope the video plays for you. I'm having issues with it, although it's the official video from their Youtube channel.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
@Nutloaf Thank you for Down in the river. I had forgotten how beautiful she sings that song and how much it means me. :thumbsup: