Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"red x", website specific, CONNECTION specific...

• Please log in to reply

LynnyM

LynnyM

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Quick but perplexing problem:

I enjoy reading the webcomic Achewood, but I'm being thwarted. From my home wireless connection (cable internet w/ a linksys wireless router for the house) I cannot view any of the strips. From the main site they are hyperlinked to a disscussion and archive area, but it's all the same and I've always been able to view them with zero trouble. I use Internet Explorer and have the latest version (7, I think).

At first I thought the site was down, but upon using a different connection (I use both a laptop and a desktop computer; the laptop is obviously used with several wifi connections) I found it all worked fine. Even now I can switch connections with my neighbor, and I can view the site. Anytime I use MY wireless, I can't view the comic strips.

I CAN go to the site, but I get a "red x" where the image usually is. When I try to get into the archive or discussion areas, I get a "page unable to be displayed" etc. Fiddling with internet options and following various "red x" tips has not helped.

I feel like I'm posting petty details, but it's a real melon-scratcher as far as I'm concerend. Any ideas, suggestions?

(Achewood.com) (The webcomic is not for those under 18)

Thanks

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello LynnyM,

Do you have any security software that could be blocking the images? Software such as an ad-blocker might be keeping the images from displaying.

Regards,

Ax

LynnyM

LynnyM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That's what I thought, too. However, messing with security settings and programs didn't help. However, I have solved this problem by reseting and reconfiguring my wireless router. I no longer expereince the problem.

I do wonder why the router would affect the desktop, as the desktop is connected to the wired modem, but as long as the trouble doesn't start again, I shan't think about it.

Thanks, Ax238

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Glad you were able to get things sorted out.