Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista won't shut down & Blue Screen of Death!

• Please log in to reply

darlabbq

darlabbq

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hello, I have a relatively new HP Slimline PC S3100NPC that was purchased late August 2007. I am now having problems with it automatically restarting with the "Blue Screen of Death" that says something like "Driver Power State Failure". On top of that I have an item stuck in the print list that I cannot get to delete. As well as I haven't been able to get the pc to shut down in about a week.

What error messages should I post and from where in order to get some assistance. I am rather frustrated.
I believe I came across a message about the NVIDIA graphics, and I updated from their website, but I still have problems.

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
We may need more information.

Does your computer go into sleep mode, and upon wake up, show the blue screen?

Go into your control panel and look for problems and solutions, once there, view problem history, and see if there is any error messages in there. Post them here if you find them.

Also go into your control panel, system, advanced system settings, start up and recovery settings, and under system failure, uncheck the automatic restart. This way the blue screen will stay up and you can record everything with pen and paper.
Use the power button to restart then.

darlabbq

darlabbq

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I had already taken the automatic restart and turned it off. But all I get is the driver error. I will write down all the 00000s and other numbers I see.
I don't know how to copy and paste from the problem history screen. But I can choose to see the problem details and I copied what is below.
If you need anything else, please let me know! I am sorry for the delay, but I also have wildblue internet problems and the repairman came today- but it still really isn't fixed, but that is another problem.

These problems have occured 42 times since January 10th.

Driver host process disconnect
description
The Windows User-Mode Driver Framework detected that a driver host-process disconnected unexpectedly.
This report contains information about the process and the drivers running within and will be used to improve the quality of these drivers.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: WUDFHostProblem
EventClass: HostProblem
Problem: HostDisconnect
DetectedBy: 2
UMDFVersion: 6.0.6000.16386. (vista_rtm.061101-2205)
ExitCode: 103
Operation: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 11693746

Driver host process timeout
Description
The Windows User-Mode Driver Framework detected that a driver host-process did not complete a critical operation within the allowed timeout period.
This report contains information about the process and the drivers running within and will be used to improve the quality of these drivers.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: WUDFHostProblem
EventClass: HostProblem
Problem: HostTimeout
DetectedBy: 2
UMDFVersion: 6.0.6000.16386. (vista_rtm.061101-2205)
ExitCode: 103
Operation: 0

Bucket ID: 11885917

Shut down unexpectedly This has occured 81 times since January 10th.
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini011008-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 82E6B700
BCP3: 87B8C030
BCP4: 8BC46A30
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1