Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP! ;( problems with vista and orange broadband

• Please log in to reply

hannahsmith

hannahsmith

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hii guys! i found this website, u look like the people with the answers =) i need HELP...
1) I have a brand new laptop with Vista and im using orange broadband, and im all wireless, but now msn wont work ;( iv tried windows live messenger and messenge 7! whats going on!
2) Also my internet speed is unbelievably slow! had to wait a milion hours to get on to this site from google! sites such as myspace and bebo do not work at all unless i use a proxy unblocker site, that seems to speed things up a bit.
Im fed up with it! what can i do, its quick at downloading songs on limewire, its just the internet, what settings do i need to change? is it on internet options? Step by Step instructions please:) thankyou! :) luv hannah x

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Orange use their own proxy server for web traffic. This is transparent to the end-user and there is no way round it.
Therefore if this proxy server has issues (which would be not the first time) it will affect all internet surfing.
Your first port of call would be to shout at Orange.

hannahsmith

hannahsmith

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks loads Niel, will do! ggrrr orange! If i change who i am with, who would you sugest?