Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

memory upgrade

• Please log in to reply

tcool1

tcool1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Samm & stettybet0....thank you very much and I will take Samms advice..

thank you so much
tim

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

Although having chips on both sides of the module doesn't guarantee that it's high density, in most cases it will be.

In fact it's the opposite. When chips are on both sides of the module it is usually (always?) low-density. When chips are only on one side of the module it is usually (always?) high-density. When you think about it, it's easy to see why as in the later case, the same amount of memory is being crammed onto half the chips.

This is why I'm a bit perplexed as the user has said both modules have chips on both sides, which suggests low-density modules.

However, I agree with your advice and second the recommendation to go with brand name memory. :)

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Thanks stettybet - I actually realised my mistake about 2 seconds after posting that when I re-read it & corrected it!