Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Operating Systems-Many Accounts-Multilpe"sets" of Programs

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I need to go lie down I think! For some reason, I thought you said you all you had was a version of Linux called Knoppix. I am obviously getting your problem confused with another one I was working on. Ignore all my inane ramblings about Knoppix please. Let's start over.

By the way, your last error attachment about DeepBurner did not make it.

1. Okay, you click on the link I provided to download the rc.iso file to your hard drive, or right click on it and select Save as or Save target as.
2. Next, install DeepBurner if it's not already installed.
3. Start DeepBurner.
4. Click on Burn ISO Image and click Next
5. In the Image file area, click on the little box at far right that has three dots in it. That's the Browse button. Navigate to where you downloaded the iso file and double click on it. That will place it's path in the DeepBurner Image file are.
6. Put a blank CDR in your CD burner and click on Burn ISO.

That should do it.

Leave the CD in the CD drive, shutdown and reboot. You should get a message to Press any key to boot from CD, do so. Follow the rest of the directions ot run chkdsk.

Hope that helps. If not post back and we'll keep trying till this is resolved.

As for pressing Ctrl+F11, you press them both at the same time, and hold them down for a few seconds. You must do this when the blue bar with www.dell.com appears at the top of the screen. Sounds like you need to time this just right.

Advertisements