Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word won't open

• Please log in to reply

kitty607

kitty607

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I checked my disk and the acwz files is missing acwztool - it never loaded from the disc and I have tried to fix it from excel and reload and fix errors from the disc nothing works. Please help.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi kitty & welcome to Geeks2Go!

The missing file you refer to is actually a MS Access wizard file (hence the filename beginning 'acwz'), so I'm puzzled as to why you have tried fixing it from within MS Excel (unless it's just a typo in your post).

Please read this: http://eis.bris.ac.u...cesswizard.html

Also this old thread on our forum, in particular the final post bottom of page: http://www.geekstogo...ss-t129215.html

I hope this helps.

Edited by pip22, 05 March 2008 - 05:06 PM.

kitty607

kitty607

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your help. I added all the wizards in Access and it is working fine. When I open word it just freezes and won't open. The message at the top says "word not responding" and that's all I ever get. I can us excel, access, power point, but still no word.

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
When you load Word try loading the Task Manager and seeing how much Microsoft Word is taking up in "K's."

kitty607

kitty607

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, It takes 7676 k. That seems like way too much. Please help