Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't boot Vista DVD, keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply

GreenOil

GreenOil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am using an ASUS A8J and I've been having problems booting my Vista from the DVD to make a clean install. I first thought that maybe it was the DVD that was damaged and I decided to try it on my older ACER travelmate 280 and it actually worked...

The problem I am getting on my asus is that everytime I put the Vista DVD, after it shows "press any botton to boot from CD" (after I press it) it just weirdly restarts :) but when I put in the windows XP CD in it just boots :) I think I need to do something with my bios?? but if I do... I am not sure how to do it. Someone please help me

Thank you very much!

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Is the drive you are trying to boot from a DVD or only CD?

GreenOil

GreenOil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's a DVD. The weird thing is that if I load the DVD after I boot windows it actually show the windows vista installation window. But then it won't allow me to make a clean install. I've also tried booting it from an external DVD drive but it does the same thing, it just reboots :)