Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Last 2 question

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
1.Dynamic DNS is better rigth..How, why is it better can i have a free account.

2.Whats VPN Pass-Through with PPTP & IPSec do they do any good because i never remotly connect to my computer only help people with remote assistant in msn messenger.They are always enable

(haha i wanna learn more in network :) )

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
1. Dynamic DNS is basically an automatic updating DNS. If you understand the basics behind DNS than all Dynamic DNS does is usually a small application that sits on the network and as soon as it detects an IP change it publishes that new information immediately to the Dynamic DNS server so it can be on the internet as soon as possible. This way it reduces errors when trying to reach destinations that change IP addresses.

2. VPN passthrough is just like port forwarding. If you have a VPN device behind a router and you dont enable passthrough the valid IPSec packets could be dropped. Passthrough will enable these packets to come through without being bothered. I dont see much of a use for this for a personal PC, for business or a company it will be more relevant.

If you want to learn more about networks, CompTIA offers a Network+ course. Its a great start into networking.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

1. Dynamic DNS is basically an automatic updating DNS. If you understand the basics behind DNS than all Dynamic DNS does is usually a small application that sits on the network and as soon as it detects an IP change it publishes that new information immediately to the Dynamic DNS server so it can be on the internet as soon as possible. This way it reduces errors when trying to reach destinations that change IP addresses.

2. VPN passthrough is just like port forwarding. If you have a VPN device behind a router and you dont enable passthrough the valid IPSec packets could be dropped. Passthrough will enable these packets to come through without being bothered. I dont see much of a use for this for a personal PC, for business or a company it will be more relevant.

If you want to learn more about networks, CompTIA offers a Network+ course. Its a great start into networking.

Ok thank you.Also how much $ does CompTIA cost?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
The exams have to be administered at a testing facility. Pearson VUE is a company that will handle that this Link is for ordering the test voucher I believe Network+ is $185 USD. Also on their page you can find out where the testing centers are located.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

The exams have to be administered at a testing facility. Pearson VUE is a company that will handle that this Link is for ordering the test voucher I believe Network+ is $185 USD. Also on their page you can find out where the testing centers are located.

ok sorry for the late post
Thanks for the info i think i will try to put some saving for it.It sounds like a great price