Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with issue on web design

• Please log in to reply

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hello, :)

I have a website, but I'm now building a new website with a new website program called Trellix.

Oh my gosh, the ;) easiest thing you could ever find and use for building a website.

But one issue I am having problems with so far.

I have my pic "item for sale" on the left side of the page, And I want to add text to the right side of the pic.

But it wont :tazz: let me start any text on the top right side of the pic. ;)

Please help if you can...

Thanks!

:)

Advertisements

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
you might try creating a table with one row and 2 columns. place the pic in the left column and the text in the right column.

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hi bdlt,

And thanks for trying to help... ;)

But I tried that, the curser is on the bottom right corner of the pic, and when I place a table, it goes under the pic...

I'm still trying to make my text to be at the same level as the pic. (From top to Bottom)

Still working on it, and making me go bonkers...

Thanks again for trying to help...

:tazz:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you ever get it straighten out? Don't know about Trellix, but if you can get to source code and edit, possibly it can get straighten out. You didn't give the URL of site so couldn't check to see if you got problem solved.

Ron

Tech_Writer

Tech_Writer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Using a table is still a good way to go, but you will have to change some table cell attributes. For example, if your graphic is in the first row/first column cell and your text is in first row/second column cell, but the text is not aligned correctly, you will have to use the valign="top" attribute in the HTML source code for that table cell.

The valign attribute allows you to set a graphic or text that appears in a table cell to the top or bottom. The default is center.

Here is a good Web page I found that might help you:

http://www.w3schools..._table_elements

This page shows some HTML code for a table (on the left) and the actual table it produces (on the right). You can experiment by changing the code, clicking on the "Edit the text and click me" button, and see the results of your changes in the table on the right.

To understand the valign attribute I just mentioned, look for the <td>HELLO</td> code on the above Web page, and change it to:

<td valign="top">HELLO</td>

Click the "Edit the text and click me" button and watch the "Hello" in the table jump to the top of the cell.

Remember, the valign="top/bottom" attribute works for text or graphics in a cell.

Do a search on Google or YAHOO for "HTML help tables" and look for different table attribute settings that might help you align your text and graphic properly. The align="left/center/right" attribute, and setting the size of your columns and table, could also do the trick.

Hope this helps.