Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why's Task Manager reporting little or 0 memory free

• Please log in to reply

newfierocker

newfierocker

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This has been a pet peeve of mine since I've had this pc. If I go to Task manager and click on performance tab under the Physical Memory box it shows that I have a Total: 2045, Cached:1325 & 0 free memory. However I'm actually only using 998 mb's as it does show properly in the graph section. And yes the computer is running very smoothly when gaming, multi tasking, or any other heavy tasks. Why is Vistas Task Manager reporting 0? anyone? :)

Attached Files

Edited by newfierocker, 09 April 2008 - 06:30 AM.

Advertisements

newfierocker

newfierocker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I thought this was supposed to be a forum where people offered help or at least some input!! Anyone please!!!????

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

I thought this was supposed to be a forum where people offered help or at least some input!! Anyone please!!!????

I read your post, then looked at my Task manager.
Because I do not know the answer I did not reply.
I am curious about this and will look for the answer, maybe some one smarter will answer you first.