Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Update KB 938371

• Please log in to reply

shiprek

shiprek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am running Vista Home Premium on an Asus F3J series notebook. The notebook has the usual Synaptics touch pad pointing device. I also run a Logitech wireless keyboard and wireless mouse together with a 3M Renaissance ergonomic mouse. The ergonomic mouse is connected via a USB port. Nomally I use the ergonomic mouse. The logitech stays in the drawer minus batteries.

After installing the latest batch of Windows updates which are automatically down loaded, the ergonomic mouse ceased to be recognised. I had to resort to the Logitech or touchpad which both continued to be recognised.

By restoring the system back to a point immediately before the updates and then installing the updates one by one, I identified the problem as Vista update KB 938371. This update is required to install and uninstall Vista SP1.

Any ideas on how I can get my mouse recognised when Update KB 938371 is installed?

Shiprek

Advertisements