Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Erratic computer behavior

• Please log in to reply

Seth Plate

Seth Plate

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, here's the scoop.

A couple of weeks ago, my computer started restarting a lot when it booted up initially. However, once it did that a few times, it was good to go for the rest of the day. Within the past few days, it has gotten terrible and will restart or blue screen at any time.

I've done several format reinstalls.

I've had no problem with viruses, spyware, etc. in the past.

Also, now when I'm on any sort of browser (IE,FireFox,Netscape,MSN), it will "encounter a problem" and shut it down after a few minutes (or automatically when I go on a site such as YouTube).

My computer is an EMachine W2247 and is 5 years old.

I took it to a friend who is good with computers and he thought it was the hard drive so we put a different one in, but the problem still persists, so that is not the problem

4 months ago, I had 1 GB of RAM and an internal DVD drive installed (just thought it was worth mentioning).

I took the 1 GB out this morning and put in my old 96 MB stick, hoping that would do something, but the problem still persists, so RAM doesn't appear to be the problem either.

I've gotten a lot of different blue screen messages, but here are the ones from my past 2:

1. "STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0xFFAE0A50, 0xFFAE0BC4, 0x805F9F88)
2. "win32k.sys-Address BF818504 base at BF800000, DateStamp 47e0e106"

Please save my baby!

Edited by Seth Plate, 21 April 2008 - 11:46 AM.

Advertisements