Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Interested in some spooky paranormal stuff?

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Found http://paranormal.ab...t-Ghost-Photos/ at About.com: Paranormal Phenomena. Whilst there is plenty of similar stuff around today that has been photoshopped or tampered with, many of these photos were taken fifty and sixty years ago and have been verified by authority figures as authentic.

As well, does anyone have any personal photos that have mysterious images in them?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

many of these photos were taken fifty and sixty years ago and have been verified by authority figures as authentic.

you don't need photoshop to make a fun picture....most of the old cameras leaked so much light that it was virtually impossible to get a clean photo...most pictures that were taken of my great grandma look like they've got ghosts in them...

still fun stuff to look at though

i've got a picture of my brother's fiance's thumb that looks like a butt cheek on my phone....does that count as "mysterious"?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Actually, dsenette, some of those pictures were taken in the 90s, so the leaking of light probably wasn't an issue.

Fran, I don't have any pictures, but I do have some personal and family experiences. My grandmother owned a house in New York that was built in the 1600s by a Dutch settler; a big old stone house on top of a hill. There were multiple stories associated with the house. When my mother was a child, my grandmother would frequently entertain, and she would have cocktail parties on a stone patio adjacent to the house. On more than one occasion, a guest would tell my grandmother that her maid was calling her. My grandmother did have a young black woman that would help her out at these functions, but when my grandmother would check, she would deny needing her. The description of the person who had been beckoning to my grandmother was always that of an older white woman in a traditional maid's costume - black dress, white apron.

One year, when my sister, my cousins, and I were there for Christmas, we all saw a white vapor floating in the middle of one of the rooms. You could see the furniture behind it. I also once watched my cat as her attention was suddenly caught by something in the hallway outside a room. She moved her eyes and her head as if she were watching someone walk down the hallway and out the front door, which was by the room we were in. The most frightening thing that happened to me was whenever I slept up there in the room that had been my mother's childhood room, I used to wake up in the middle of the night in fear, gripped by the sense that someone was right above me staring at me. I never told anyone this until I reached adulthood, at which point my sister and my mother reported the same thing used to happen to them. I never experienced this last phenomenon, but my mother did. There was a presence they called the Perfume Ghost, because when it was around there was a strong smell of an orange blossom perfume, which wasn't worn by anyone in the house. When my mother was in college, she was home for the summer, and it was very hot and humid day. There was no air conditioning in the house. She was reading in the study (the same room in which I saw the vapor), when she said the temperature in that room dropped noticeably, to the point that the room became cold. She also smelled the perfume, and said the atmosphere just felt hostile. She left the room, and the rest of the house was normal temperature.

My story doesn't end there. My sister and I inherited a house in Maine that was also owned by my grandmother and used in the summer. It's an old farmhouse, built in the 1800s. In her later years, because of arthritis, my grandmother slept in a downstairs bedroom. In the afternoon, she would lie down to take a nap. Prior to doing so, she would sit on the side of the bed nearest the closet and take her shoes off. About 8 or 9 years ago, I was sleeping in that room. I clearly felt someone sit down on that side of the bed - I could feel the mattress go down. There was no one there. I told my sister the story, and we agreed it had to be my grandmother. I thought no more of it. A few years later, my mother-in-law went to Maine with me and my daughters and slept in that room. After the first night, she came into the kitchen and reported that she had slept well, but someone had sat down on her bed in the middle of the night. She said no one was there. I had never told her that had happened to me before - she knew nothing of the story. It only happened the one night, as if my grandmother just wanted to see who was there.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

i've got a picture of my brother's fiance's thumb that looks like a butt cheek on my phone....does that count as "mysterious"?

Probably not the kind of "mysterious" I had in mind :)

I have a picture from many years ago of my first husband and I taken by a friend looking across a river with us standing together on the other side. When my husband passed away I went through all my photos of him to make an album for our son and discarded this one on my desk because it was such a distance view of us. It sat on the desk for over a month and I would look at it every now and then because it was taken at a time when we were very happy and life was great and I felt that was reflected in the photo. All of a sudden a strange whitish blue blob started to appear in the water in front of us and off to the left a little. As the days went by it kept growing slightly larger. I was concerned that the photo was going to be ruined. After some time it stopped growing and formed into a perfect heart about 3/4" high. All that happened 12 years ago and it hasn't altered or deteriorated in any other way since.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Those are interesting stories Sari ... I have a few of my own that have lead me come to some definite conclusions that don't sit too well in mainstream thinking :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Actually, dsenette, some of those pictures were taken in the 90s, so the leaking of light probably wasn't an issue.

not necessarily....all depends on the cameras...i'm not discounting anything....just making note that MOST "ghost" pictures are fake or misread blemishes....

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yeah this photo is just weird...

Here I am reading one of my favourite books on my play rug and the photo brings up some kid next to me :)

And what's really spooky is the light up the top whiting out the rug... Where did that come from?

:)

Troy