Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best gaming computer for $1300?

• Please log in to reply

Xeren

Xeren

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a budget of $1300 for a computer. I have a monitor and a dvd/cd burner. I will get a mouse and keyboard later. This is the list I made so far I'd like to know if I could improve it or make things more compatible. I don't have the greatest knowledge about the the hardware or specs of them so bare with me lol.

https://secure.neweg...tle=my wishlist

Edited by Xeren, 08 May 2008 - 01:55 PM.

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
I would go with this power supply, much better quality and its only $10 more.
Also you should consider picking up Vista Home Premium instead of Ultimate as you won't see much difference.
Check here for the comparison. As far as I can see, the difference is quite minimal (like backup) that you can even purchase a third party program for a lot less money.

Kamille

Xeren

Xeren

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, I went with both of those thanks. Should I get a fan for the graphics card and/or my processor? 550w enough for the system I want to build also?

ziggy16

ziggy16

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
550 watts is going to be fine. you should consider getting an after market cpu HSF bc the one's that come stock are usually weak if u plan to OC...but if u dont plan on it, than the stock cooler should be ok. Just make sure u have good enough air flow in your case

Cudaman

Cudaman

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
:) What happened to your original Newegg wishlist :)