Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's the last thing you ate?

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Like the good Scot I am the last thing I ate was a bowl of porridge.

Man oh man you should see my son eat a bowl of porridge, he gets both hands in and it slops all over his face, bib, plate, surrounding table... etc... (He absolutely loves it for breakfast, and we love laughing at him eating it!)

I should take a photo of it and post it sometime.

Last thing I ate was a Hawaiian Dinner Pack from the local corner cafe. 1/4 chicken, hot chips, banana fritter, pineapple fritter, peas and gravy. :)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Well, as a seafood eater, I was blown away by the varieties and freshness of the fish in Australia. I'm sure that contributed to my enjoyment. In the States, it seems to be the way to cook less fresh or less appetizing types of fish. Since it's morning here, I had my usual banana.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts

both hands in and it slops all over his face, bib, plate, surrounding table

I had to stop doing that, having to take the second shower took to long in the morning lol.

Nice to see someone actually feeds their kids real food not the uber processed stuff, its actually the best breakfast anyone can have its got everything a breakfast should have and it keeps you going till lunch. And you can vary it up by adding different things, Jam, Fruit, Honey, Nuts pretty much anything.

You get some nice seafood in the states but you get allot of not so nice stuff I had some really great seafood in the US whenever I have been there, allot of the times you get the best stuff in the weirdest restaurants, here in the UK we get allot of fresh fish but not all that much variety wise. Spain is also really good for seafood, If you haven't had a seafood paella cooked fresh in Mediterranean seafront restaurant you haven't lived.

iman74

iman74

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
This topic goes to show how dirty of a tech I am. The first thing that came to mind....oh [bleep] I just got here I don't want to get banned already. Use your imagination or message me. :)

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Pizza!!

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Jollibee Champ burger, fries, spaghetti and ice cream.

Oh yeah!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Ginger Beer... no, wait, that's a drink... :)

Leftover chicken "Portuguese Style" - I actually cooked it myself! About time the missus got a break in the kitchen, too. I'm going to be cooking once a week now... :)

*troy wants all your easy recipes!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts

*troy wants all your easy recipes!

PORRIDGE: Oats, milk, sugar. Heat, VOILA Yum!

Fish is always an easy thing, quick and easy to prepare and a good bit of fish only needs a touch of seasoning and some mixed veg to go with it to be a great meal.

Stir fry is the best easy meal, doesn't even matter what you put in it just whatever you have lying around and some noodles and soy sauce, and if you want to be fancy you can make some neat stir fry sauces dead easy with a mix of soy and oyster sauce and one other magic ingredient of your choosing.

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Scotch fillet steak & salad. :)

About time the missus got a break in the kitchen, too. I'm going to be cooking once a week now... :)

Does that mean you will be having takeaway? :)

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
French fries

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

PORRIDGE: Oats, milk, sugar. Heat, VOILA Yum!

We already have porridge for breakfast, not that great a dinner meal when you've already eaten it once for that day...

Does that mean you will be having takeaway? :)

Unfortunately no, our takeaway night is already allocated to a different night... :)

Although a stir-fry is a good idea, thanks warriorscot! I'll see if I can grab a pre-packaged stir-fry vegie pack to make it even easier!

Last thing I ate was a veal schnitzel, hot chips, and salad. :)

Troy

tobic

tobic

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Last nights left over curry on toast for lunch

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The porridge was actually a joke, guess I need to add the old /Sarcasm tags every now and again.

I used to think it was easier to get a pre packaged stir fry mix but its easier to buy the things individually they are usually better quality if you do it that way and you can leave out bits you don't like or add in particular things that you do like. I really like bean sprouts in mine but you never get enough if you buy it pre-packaged. Its also cheaper to buy the separate parts, the hardest bit is getting a really hot wok big enough to do it not everyone has a wok big enough to cook for more than a couple of people and you need allot more heat than people think to do it properly I was enlightened by the Chinese guy in my Kendo club as to that little fact and it does make a difference.

Although I have to say Troy you have the weirdest diet ever, I didn't even know you could put veal in a schnitzel.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Yesterday I went to spend the day with a buddy of mine, and for lunch had a Cheeseburger:, Lettuce, tomato and onions and Mayo and a Large Mountain Dew, and for dessert, a Granny Smoth Apple.

I had Cheese Pizza with Black Olives for supper and some COLD water :)

Brian

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Junk Food :)