Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Instruction Memory Could not be read" Nothing Opens!

• Please log in to reply

IhateMS

IhateMS

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Guys

I'm having a problem that seems to happen to a few people but in my case it seems more severe and I haven't found any help thus far.

I started getting a message that read "The instruction at 0x00149D04 Referencing memory at 0x0019400. The Instruction memory could not be read". The numbers obviously change depending on the program, but it appears when ever i try to open ANYTHING. Any app seems to be blocked by this! I can only use windows explorer and even then it wont alow me to go into some of the control panel options (eg: internet options).

I've read, and suspect, that this is a badly installed tool bar option, and I think it was an Adobe Reader bar that asked to install itself. I've tried safe mode and the message persists.

Any Ideas? I'm running Windows XP Pro.

Thanks guys

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you could try restoring it to a few days before the problem started..
nojoy

go to the control panel...add/remove programs...uninstall all the toolbars you find there...reboot