Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic Host Process error [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

When I left click on My Computer, 3 1/2 Floppy (A:) is listed under Devices with removable storage. Could you please give me the website link again to take a screenshot? It didn't show up in your reply post. Thank you

Go to that step >> Once you find it, press Prnt Scrn button.. And then go to Start >> Run >> Copy/paste below >> Press Enter

mspaint.exe

Then at Paint, click on Edit >> Paste... Save it as JPEG file and attached it here..

Advertisements

marlagx

marlagx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I don't fully understand what I am suppose to be doing? Can you give me step by step instructions? What do you want me to exactly do? I have tried to press print screen but nothing shows up in the paint page.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

Sorry I haven't been able to work on my pc or reply in the past few days, been very sick. I've tried to localize this error message ( trying to find out what drive is affected). When I do a scan with SuperAntiSpyware and check for scanning A:\Removable- the error occurs. I tried to change the letter assignments but there isn't any A:\Removable disk in computer-disk management. So I'm stumped on what to do. I'm really nervous about uninstalling any device drivers. I also restored backup but the error still occurs only when I scan for spyware with SuperAntiSpyware

Ah.. silly me.. You get this error when SUPERAntiSpyware was scanning for A:\ drive.. Which is your floppy drive.. Tell me, when do you do a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware, do you have floppy disk inside your floppy drive?..

Try to run scan with SUPERAntiSpyware but untick the A:\ drive option..

Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.. And then untick the A:\ drive option..

Then tell me about it...

marlagx

marlagx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I don't have any floppy disks in drive. I unchecked drive A and scanned. The error doesn't come up when I scan if A is unchecked.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

I don't have any floppy disks in drive. I unchecked drive A and scanned. The error doesn't come up when I scan if A is unchecked.

That's the reason why.. SUPERAntiSpyware tried to scan something which is not there, thus the error occured..

Do you have anymore problem with your computer? :)

marlagx

marlagx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Do you think I deleted the A drive somehow? It worries me because I might not be able to use floopy disks in my pc any longer. I scanned with superantispyware before and had the a drive checked and the error never came up.I'm not going to worry about it if I did delete A drive since I don'y use A drive much. My pc now is running extremely slow. When I open up programs they usually freeze up on me. Can you help me with this? Thanks

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

Do you think I deleted the A drive somehow? It worries me because I might not be able to use floopy disks in my pc any longer. I scanned with superantispyware before and had the a drive checked and the error never came up.I'm not going to worry about it if I did delete A drive since I don'y use A drive much. My pc now is running extremely slow. When I open up programs they usually freeze up on me. Can you help me with this? Thanks

'
Its your choice whether to uninstall drive A or not.. As its only function now is to create a boot-disk (now we can have boot cd) and also to flash bios (which we don't want to mess if your computer is running fine)..

About your PC is slow, please read below article by miekiemoes..

Help! My computer is slow!

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.