Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

really helpful

• Please log in to reply

kera

kera

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
andrewuk helped me and i mean really helped me, all the malware on my computer is gone, its running a lot smoother, he even taught me how to make it run faster which was a big issue of mine. we got rid of programs i didn't need and updated the ones i did need so everything is up to date :) he was a real help and i think this forum is great for anyone. everything i needed to download was 100% free which was useful because i dont have the money to buy programs or much knowledge about malware and viruses. he brought me through what to do step by step and answered any questions i had. it took a few days to get it all done since we were online at different times but in the end it was worth it. i give geekstogo forum an A++ :) thanks for all your help!!!!!

something that you could look to do in the future is maybe go on windows messenger or something and do remote access to help those who really know barely anything about computers. if they feel comfortable enough letting someone access their computer they wouldn't have to worry about it. i didn't have that problem cause i know some things about computers but maybe for the beginners it might make it a little easier? although when a program is necessary to get rid of malware when you download it you get step by step instructions not only from the program but from the staff member as well.

anyway, i'd recommend this site to anyone :) thanks again!

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi and thanks for the feedback Andrew is good isn't he, a valuable asset.

something that you could look to do in the future is maybe go on windows messenger or something and do remote access to help those who really know barely anything about computers. if they feel comfortable enough letting someone access their computer they wouldn't have to worry about it. i didn't have that problem cause i know some things about computers but maybe for the beginners it might make it a little easier? although when a program is necessary to get rid of malware when you download it you get step by step instructions not only from the program but from the staff member as well.

Probably not, as this is also a training site we like to keep everything in the open so that all can learn. There would also be the time zone considerations, if I am helping someone in Australia they will be asleep when I am awake.

Again thank you for letting us know that all went well :)

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
thanks for the feedback and glad everything is going well :)