Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus 2008 Pro [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rrussell

rrussell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Antivirus2008 Pro
Fenzodahl512,
Also, my Windows clock, in lower rt. toolbar, is Now set to military hours and I don't know how to set it back to display non military hours ?
RRussell

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

Upon reboot, the gold shield with exclamation mark in the middle, located in the lower rt. toolbar, opened a window and said updates were ready to install.

That is legit and normal..

Should I disable AVG Free, since I have AntiVir & Comodo ?

Since you already have Antivir and Comodo, I suggest you to uninstall AVG Free..

Also, my Windows clock, in lower rt. toolbar, is Now set to military hours and I don't know how to set it back to display non military hours ?

Refer below website..

http://www.pixel2lif...our_to_12_hour/

rrussell

rrussell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Antivirus 2008 Pro
Fenzodahl512,
I installed Comodos' firewall first, as directed ( it told me to disable my firewall first, so I did). Windows firewall was enabled but you said you could not see it on the log info. ? I did not reboot after Comodo but did reboot after downloading both Comodo and the Windows update. It took minutes for Windows/PC to shut down ? Upon reboot, the gold shield with exclamation mark in the middle, located in the lower rt. toolbar, opened a window and said updates were ready to install. I found this odd, since I just downloaded the windows update that you provded the link to ? I right clicked but could not find out any property info.. This, is similar to how I got the Antivirus Pro 2008 Virus in the first place. How do you know if these are actual MSoft Windows alerts or a scam ?
PC seems OK but will know more in a few days. Should I disable AVG Free, since I have AntiVir & Comodo ?
Thank you,
RRussell

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts

I installed Comodos' firewall first, as directed ( it told me to disable my firewall first, so I did). Windows firewall was enabled but you said you could not see it on the log info. ?

Sorry mate.. If your Windows Firewall is enabled, and you have installed Comodo, just disable Windows Firewall then.. But normally Comodo will automatically disabled Windows Firewall upon installation process...

I did not reboot after Comodo but did reboot after downloading both Comodo and the Windows update. It took minutes for Windows/PC to shut down ?

If that's a legit Windows update, then its normal as it will continue to download/install your Windows update upon shutdown/rebooting.. You can see a notice that Windows is downloading/installing updates.. This is just one-off incidents and most likely you won't get that again (unless another Windows updates come in..)

Upon reboot, the gold shield with exclamation mark in the middle, located in the lower rt. toolbar, opened a window and said updates were ready to install. I found this odd, since I just downloaded the windows update that you provded the link to ? I right clicked but could not find out any property info.. This, is similar to how I got the Antivirus Pro 2008 Virus in the first place. How do you know if these are actual MSoft Windows alerts or a scam ?

Based on information you state here, I strongly believe it is legit.. However, if you have any doubt, please post a screenshot here for me to have a look.. :)

PC seems OK but will know more in a few days. Should I disable AVG Free, since I have AntiVir & Comodo ?

If you choose to use Antivir, I suggest you to uninstall AVG Free.. and vice-versa... Keep the Comodo as your firewall :)

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.