Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I back up Dual Boot System ?

• Please log in to reply

georgetok

georgetok

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I want to try Vista ( Ultimate ) so I have installed it on a partition next to Win XP PRO SP3.

Previously I used to use a prgram called XACT copy to make an identical copy of my entire hard disk with OS all the programs & settings & all the data. If something went wrong with primary hard drive, I can switch to the backed up copy in less than 2 minutes & ready to use.

But now XACT copy does not work with Vista & they have not come up with a Version for Vista.

Is there a way to do the same thing with a dual boot system ? ( i.e. make an exact copy of the whole hard drive with both OS' & data ? )

Thank You.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Norton Ghost will let you clone the entire drive from outside of Windows which is what you want. You can clone to either another drive or an external drive.