Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot sync video in itunes

• Please log in to reply

miamiparis

miamiparis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have my new iPod Nano 3rd generation. I can sync music with no problem. But I added my first video (.mp4 file) in iTunes. And when I try to sync the video with my iPod, I see the message"itunes has stopped working" then iTunes close then another page appears and advice me to download the latest version of iTunes, but I have it already.
Then in iTunes, I go to "Help- Run diagnostics". All tests are passed, except the Sync test which tell me "No iPhone or iPod found". While I see on the iPod that it's connected. Also it can sync music.
What should I do?

Advertisements

GoCompute

GoCompute

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
You might need to reinstall the firmware, which will erase all your datta on your iPod. I'm not sure though. Have you tried right clicking the video file in iTunes and select "Convert for iPod". Sometimes MP4 files won't neccessaryily go into an iPod without converting it iTunes's standards.

miamiparis

miamiparis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, I tried and it says "one or more videos were not converted because they are already in the correct format".
I downloaded a free TV show from the itunes store and I could transfer it to my iPod.
That's a pity that Apple provide software support for only 90 days.
How should I reinstall the firmware?

Edited by miamiparis, 13 August 2008 - 05:07 AM.

jietjiang

jietjiang

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OKey, i think you will need to update your itunes and reinstall:)