Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need Windows XP CD

• Please log in to reply

DES315

DES315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yes i download it correctly!!! it need iso files and i dont know how to do that i dnt understand the directions

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Open BurnCDCC. You do not need to install this program, it runs by itself.

2) Click on the "Browse" button and navigate to the .iso file you wish to burn - The recovery console download, Click Open.

3) Insert your blank disc and ensure the correct drive is selected under "Device".

4) Ensure the "Finalize" box is checked.

5) Using the slider bar under "Speed", I recommend you slow it down to around 8x or 10x - too fast can cause errors (as described in step 5 above).

6) BurnCDCC will finish and eject the disc for you. Label it appropriately and there you have it - a disc that was burnt from an image.

DES315

DES315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
this is the only iso file i have memtest86+-2.00

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
:) My mother in law put you up to this, didn't she?
You can download the recovery console here
Click on the ornge download the package here link.

Edited by hfcg, 17 August 2008 - 09:50 PM.

DES315

DES315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i got it but it dnt have no iso files in it

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Click on the ornge download the package here link.
Select save and save it to your desktop.

DES315

DES315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i did that now what to do

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Open BurnCDCC. You do not need to install this program, it runs by itself.

2) Click on the "Browse" button and navigate to the .iso file you wish to burn - The recovery console download, Click Open.

3) Insert your blank disc and ensure the correct drive is selected under "Device".

4) Ensure the "Finalize" box is checked.

5) Using the slider bar under "Speed", I recommend you slow it down to around 8x or 10x - too fast can cause errors (as described in step 5 above).

6) BurnCDCC will finish and eject the disc for you. Label it appropriately and there you have it - a disc that was burnt from an image.
And then read post # 22 and follow the directions.

DES315

DES315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
There is no ISO FILES MAN!!! I EXTRACTED EVERYTHING NONE

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
My best advice is to take it to a repair shop and let them fix it.

Advertisements

DES315

DES315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Just tell me wich files i have to make into iso just tell me each file please

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
You do not extract any files.
You burn the whole thing using burncdc.
I feel that this is a game, I am done.

DES315

DES315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
but it wont let me

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
How To Make A Windows XP Bootable Recovery Console CD
For a number of years now, many brand name manufacturers have included a "recovery" CD or they store customized install files on a hidden partition instead of supplying a genuine Windows XP install CD. Recovery CDs typically aren't very useful. While they can get a system back up and running again, you could lose all your data in the process. Recovery CDs and hidden partitions are more of a convenience for the tech support department than they are for the user.

Many people might not be aware that a complete install CD is not required to access the Windows XP Recovery Console. Although one can download the install floppy disks that contain the files needed to run the Recovery Console, waiting for six floppy disks to load is tedious. Creating a bootable Recovery Console CD, using the files from these disks, is a fairly straightforward project.

Unfortunately, we won't have this option with Windows Vista. Originally, Microsoft had no intention of offering the floppy disk option even for XP and had to be persuaded to do so. They have said that these will be the last. Think twice before buying a Vista-equipped PC from a vendor that does not supply a true install CD.

Files included in this archive:

burncdcc.exe
burncdcc.txt
BurncdccLic.txt
Burning.txt
extract.exe
extract.txt
mkisofs.exe
Readme.htm
RecoveryCD.bat
splitter.exe
splitter.htm
The text & html files, other than this one (Readme.htm) and Burning.txt are included in accordance with the license terms of the developers.

RecoveryCD.bat does the grunt work of actually creating the Recovery Console CD. The only thing you must add is the file to be downloaded from Microsoft. After downloading, this file should be renamed BootDisk.exe. Briefly, RecoveryCD.bat extracts the disk image files contained within BootDisk.exe and creates an ISO file, which is used to burn the CD with the BurnCDCC™ utility.

It's possible (but unlikely) that BurnCDCC may not be compatible with all CD/DVD drives. In that case, some other program may be used to burn the ISO file to a CD. It is important to mention that one does not merely copy the ISO file to a CD. Instead, the program uses the information contained within the ISO file to create the appropriate CD. As long as you make whatever program you are using aware of the fact that you are dealing with an ISO file, it should work properly.

For Recovery Console purposes, it doesn't matter whether the file you download from Microsoft is for XP Home or XP Professional; either one will work. The SP2 version is recommended unless you aren't running SP2 (you should be).

Download the self-extracting disk creator here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994
Move the downloaded file to the same folder where the other files (listed above) are located. For this example, we downloaded the file that creates install disks for XP Professional SP2. The file has a long name, something like:

WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU.exe
Whatever the name of the downloaded file happens to be, change it to BootDisk.exe. Upper vs. lower case doesn't matter; just the name. If you have not turned off Hide extensions for known file types in Folder Options, then you will not see the ".exe" extension in Windows Explorer.

Run RecoveryCD.bat by either double-clicking on it from Windows Explorer or opening a command prompt window. RecoveryCD.bat will do the rest of the work.

Before RecoveryCD.bat is finished, you will be asked if you wish to burn the CD. If you are not technically inclined, it is suggested that you let RecoveryCD.bat do the job for you. If you would rather "roll your own," the process is outlined in Burning.txt. It's not terribly difficult, but there are various little details that can trip you up. Furthermore, your preferred CD/DVD mastering program may not even have the capability of producing this particular type of CD.

Even if you do not plan on burning a CD at the time you run RecoveryCD.bat, you should still respond Yes. RecoveryCD.bat will create an ISO file; when BurnCDCC starts, simply decline to burn the CD by clicking on the Close gadget. You will then be told where you can find the ISO file.

If you use RecoveryCD.bat to do all the work for you, you don't need to bother reading Burning.txt.

Edited by hfcg, 17 August 2008 - 10:18 PM.

DES315

DES315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
what do you do after these steps i did them now!!!