Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus restricting internet access and slower running of applications.

• Please log in to reply

MowLiao

MowLiao

• Pip
  • 1 posts
On the 30th August I got a virus - some kind of trojan. I'm running on BitDefender, but I don't think it caught the virus fast enough. Later it told me it detected a Trojan.Patched.CK. I think what's happening to me is very similar to what happened in http://aumha.net/vie...=...5&view=next but I'm posting my own topic here, as advice given there could do harm to my computer. I've tried aumha, but they won't reply.

Help would be very much appreciated. I really want to get rid of this pest, but virus scans seem to come up with nothing threatening to my system.

Symptoms:

- Changed my desktop background to an image saying I have several viruses and my screensaver (to something I didn't wait around to see) and I couldn't edit it in the properties. I've managed to fix that though.
- An unnecessarily slow connection and running of applications (even though my CPU doesn't seem to be used up at all).
- Redirections to other search sites when I click on links when I search on Google (to abcjmp.com, monstermarketplace.com, britanniasearch.co.uk, ebay.co.uk and random others), and no other search engines as far as I know. This fixed once for a day. Next time I booted this came up again.
- Restrictions from anti-virus help sites (any URLs containing words like "fix", "scan", and names of well known antiviruses). For instance, I can't access this forum, so I had to get a friend to send it for me.
- Some appearances of websites have also changed, such as a text box going off screen which I can't scroll to and also font enlargement.
- Blocks me from making certain actions in both IE and Firefox. Clicking on Preview, Save, Send in a forum brings up a blank page. This also happens when I try to access my Hotmail and randomly when browsing (I always have to refresh).

HijackThis logfile attached. Thank you very much in advance to anyone who decides to help me.

Attached Files

• Attached File  HJT.txt   12.62KB   680 downloads

Advertisements