Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recently Built This Computer, And Am Having Problems...

• Please log in to reply

Ethan R

Ethan R

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Ok, Thank-You for Reading my Help post!
So this is the computer I built:

Problem:
Computer Runs Great! Games Run well for the most part, and it moves fast, BUT whenever it gets to a area where Applications demand more resources it seems to freeze up alot. It will take more than 5x longer than it would on my 10 year old computer. :)
I have absolutley no Idea why, At First I thought it was an Internet thing when it would freeze up when entered highly populated gaming area's but now it freezes up when downloading pictures from my Camcorder, and a few other times it seems to just freeze.

System Specifications
-P5K Asus Motherboard*
-2G DDR3 Memory (1 Stick)*
-500G Hard Drive (RAID Capable)*
-2.4ghz Intel Core2 Duo Processor*
-512mb Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

-Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

*I Will Clarify Exact Products when I go back to My Dad's House.
(My Parents were never together, so I go between houses)

Possible Idea's For Solution's
-Something to do with the Hard Drive being Raid capable and I think I may have installed it may have not :)
-An Error in the Bios Setup (Done By My Cousins Dad)
-CPU is Faulty
-Could be a Virus? Malware? (I have Norton Anti-Virus, Maybe it Missed it)

Planning On Doing a Mini Tune-Up Next Time I'm Their, Clean it out, Check Wires and Whatnot to make sure their secure, since I already had a problem with a Faulty SATA Cord for my CD/DVD Drive. And Disk Clean-Up, Defragmentation, etc.

The Computer is only like, 5 Months Old Though!

It Would Be Great if someone could help assist me in my problems,
Thank-You!

~Ethan

Edited by Ethan R, 20 September 2008 - 06:25 PM.

Advertisements