Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System And Registry Files

• Please log in to reply

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
These are the things I found in "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

USB Composite Device

USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller

I wasn't sure what to uninstall but atempted to try the first item and my computer froze.

In the removel box that appeared it just stated,"Device Removal Not Responding"

I tried to use task manager to quit the program but it would not respond to ctrl,alt,del I had to reboot my system.

I went back into Device Manager to check if i'd done any damage but everything is still there,so maybe I was not allowed to delete the first item.

Could you possibly tell me what I SHOULD be trying to uninstall from the above items.

Advertisements

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Well tried to uninstall the second item in the list but got the same result,program not responding.

Tried "Task Manager" again but it took ages to load and when it did in the processes box it stated about six times task manager not responding.

In the task bar there were about 8 little green icons,when i ran my mouse over them,it stated CPU 100% for all of them.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
There is something seriously damaged in your operating system. Normally you can uninstall these drivers easily. Reboot and windows reinstall them.

It could also be a problem with the Root Hub (hardware) but I doubt it. To make sure if it's a hardware or software problem please do the following.

Download Puppy Linux from my list of links below. Download "puppy 2.16.1 seamonkey fulldrivers.ISO". Burn the ISO file to create a bootable CD. For this purpose you can download BurnCDCC from the links below. It's a very simple tool, used exclusively to burn ISO files.

Insert the disk into the CD/DVD drive and boot the computer. If it doesn't boot, please set boot order in the BIOS so that the CD drive is first priority boot device.

Insert a USB pen drive with some files on it into one of the USB ports and double click the icon "drives" (looks like pen drive). You should be able to see the files on the pen drive. If you don't then your hardware is faulty. Please report.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi,just before I go ahead with what you suggested,I don't know if this is relevant or sheds any more light on this problem.

I am able to open a USB Pen drive if I put it in one of the usb ports but maybe this is because it was already installed.

The problems happen if I try to install anything new.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I researched the problem a little bit and encountered some similar cases with Logitech webcams (same error number that you mentioned in a previous post). I think that your best option would be to address your problem in their forum. They will ask for the exact model of the camera and what driver version you install so write it in your first post to save time. here is a link to the forum.

I will appreciate an update about how things worked out.

Good Luck