Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with ATI Radeon and Windows XP! Please Help

• Please log in to reply

pEAZOr

pEAZOr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello and thanks for reading.

I just reformatted a friends computer with XP that was previously running Windows Vista. It's a (ACER Aspire 5100 Notebook) Everything is fine accept it is not recognizing the video card at all. (ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 Hypermemory) I assume its a vista card only but is there anything i can do? any drivers or software i can install to fix this problem? any help would be awesome!!!!!

THANKS!

Edited by pEAZOr, 07 October 2008 - 12:39 PM.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
You probably need to install the drivers. You can find the XP version here: http://game.amd.com/...p/integrated-xp

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
it's also possible especially since it is a laptop that it isn't xp compatible... possibly the bios will stop it from working correctly... encountered this with a laptop before... spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the company until they finally straightened everything out ( had to send them the laptop as the bios flash they walked me through over the phone was not correct and hosed the bios... )

pEAZOr

pEAZOr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks guys i got it all fixed. you rock! :)