Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't get to windows update page

• Please log in to reply

mscobra

mscobra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Sari, It's only the windows update that takes me MSN.com, the other update pages come up with an error - Can't Find Server....
I erased my whole hard drive using the Windows XP disc and when that didn't get rid of the problem, I downloaded a utility that my son suggested called "Seagate", Disc Wizard and did a Wipe Clean and still have the problem of not getting to the windows update page.
I'm not sure about the Anti-virus 2008 virus, it seemed to have gone away, but sometimes the computer will not even let me online and I have DSL...

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
If you've reformatted the hard drive, you'll need to reinstall all the drivers. I would guess that you probably don't have the proper network driver.