Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Trying to restore emachine with XP media center recovery di

• Please log in to reply

KYWOMAN

KYWOMAN

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
:) Help! My e-machine t6524 computer was so infected that I decided to restore the computer from the emachine xp media center recovery disk. Inadvertently, the computer was accidently turned off and cd ejected while recovering. When I restarted the computer to redo over, the computer started to do the recovery, but it couldn't continue because it said that a file could not be recovered! The computer starts up saying "preparing system recovery option", then "powered by PC angel system recovery", then "please wait". It then says "system restore, system restore environment is incomplete, system restore installs the environment, then it says completing recovery partition. It starts transferring files from i386oem, c:\386oem\m? . Again, my monitor screen display is very wavy due to being infected that I could not read the file name. It says that the file cannot be recovered.

Is there a genius techie out there who could help me? I am so frustrated with this computer!

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Ok, first off - Your monitor was not infected. It was the hard drive that was infected. If your monitor is giving you issues, I would say that your monitor is dying.

I'm not familiar with that particular recovery system...Is there any way to skip the file?

KYWOMAN

KYWOMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for responding. It won't let me. It asks to retry or abort.

KYWOMAN

KYWOMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Also, the monitor seems fine and clear when it first starts up with " no signal" and is very readable until the computer starts.