Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio/Video (A/V)

• Please log in to reply

oneeyed

oneeyed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a question about Audio/Video or A/V plug in on my camcorder. My cameras A/V port says "A/V out" and I can work it fine with an audio video cable and play whats on my camera to the TV but I also want the camera to receive the TV screen in its LCD screen (which would mean A/V in to the camera instead of out) What I have is a few old videos (tapes, of old family things) that I want to get on the camera and not just point the camera and record that way, I would like to actually connect the camera to the TV or VCR and have the video show up in the LCD screen directly from the TV/VCR and have a good picture rather than point the camera at the TV and record which comes up with a bad picture on the camcorder recording. So I am basically looking to connect the camcorder to the TV and instead of showing the camcorder tape on the TV show whats on the TV(VCR) in the camcorders LCD screen. How can I do this? Is there any things I can buy to connect to the camcorders A/V out plug in that would make it A/V in? Is there any lower priced cameras that can connect to VCR's/TV's that can record directly whats on the TV screen to the camcorder? Hopefully I am understandable. Thank you.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The best source of information for this is the Camera Manual. What does it tell you to do, and have you tried it?