Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VB WORD PRINTING

• Please log in to reply

cms28269

cms28269

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am creating an application that will combine product identification information with standard product information. I have a template that had the information based on the product and has bookmarks that I use to fill in production identificaiton information. When creating these labels it will frequently print in excess of 100 labels. I coded the program to do the following
open a word application
for each label
open the template
fill in the product identification information
print the document
close the document without saving
next label
Close word

The problem is the program worked fine with small test of about 3 labels, when creating 100 labels which equates to 100 print jobs, they do not print in sequence. In one test case it started with the documents 12 - 27, then printed 1 - 11, then started back at 28. :tazz: Is there anyway to control the print jobs to make them print in sequence?

If not any suggestions or examples of VB copying one word doc to another or doing a mail merge.
TIA

Advertisements