Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with Trojan.Vundo.H Please! [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Do you have or had Daemon Tools installed?

Download Getservices.zip from Here and extract the zip file to your C: drive. Once it is extracted there will be a directory on your C: drive called getservice. Inside the C:\getservice directory will be a file called getservice.bat . Simply double-click on the getservice.bat file and when it is completed a notepad will open with a lot of information. Save this document to your desktop and attach it to a reply.

Advertisements

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I think I may have once briefly, I know that I have installed and uninstalled alcohol 120% numerous times because the trial version always runs out. I'll try this stuff, thanks!

Edit: Log4u

Attached Files

Edited by pp111, 19 January 2009 - 07:47 PM.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
  • Copy the entire contents of the Quote Box below to Notepad.
  • Name the file as CFScript.txt
  • Change the Save as Type to All Files
  • and Save it on the desktop
Driver::sptd

Posted Image

Once saved, referring to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe, and post back the resulting report along with a Hijackthis log.

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
will do

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Sorry about the delay between replies, but after this last wave of crashes I have no doubt that there's something wrong. I finally got combofix to run with the newest script, and the combofix script and the hjt scan both went uninterrupted.

Thanks again for your continued help.

-pp111

Attached Files

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Still getting that BSOD attempting to load the Recovery Console? By any chance, do you have a Windows XP installation CD? If you do, boot the computer to the Recovery Console with the CD and run CHKDSK.

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I am still getting blue screen error when I try to go to recovery console but I found my XP cd and I am going to try that.

*crosses fingers*

Edit: When I boot from CD it says hard drive not connected or something similar to that, do I need to change my BIOS settings?
I'm googling this right now I'm pretty sure I'm just doing something wrong.

Edited by pp111, 20 January 2009 - 09:36 AM.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Any progress?

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
The recovery console loads where it used to bluescreen but when it gets to repairing the installation it says it cannot detect a hard drive, tried going into setup but couldn't find the BIOS settings.

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Force the command:

CHKDSK C: /R

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,589 posts
Do not select Setup Windows when booting with the CD. Select "R" to enter the Recovery Console.

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Alright, when would I enter the command tho? after booting from CD or before?

going to try now

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Sorry, I'm confused as to how to get to wherever I have to be to type in commands after I boot from cd. It seems when I open the recovery console it won't let me continue after it says it can't detect a hard drive.

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I've done some research and it says I need to download the driver for my hard disk and put it on a floppy in order for it to connect, but I don't have a floppy drive!

pp111

pp111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I think the problem is that I have a different set of install CDs than what came with my computer and thus they don't have the same drivers. Any other ideas?

I'm reinstalling SP3 since this only really started after that if I recall correctly.