Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

antivirus2010, bloodhound.exploit.213, dwh.tmp? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

And by the way what is a FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt file in my temp folder

I have carried out some research and come up with the information that FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt logs errors that occur during use of"Windows-Fax and -Scan" It seems to be on Vista machines.

And what is dwhwizard? because all the files quarantined are basically dwh files. thanks!

dwhwizrd.exe is a process belonging to Norton Internet Security which protects your computer against Internet-bound threats such as spyware and trojans which can be distributed through e-mail or attack directly to the computer allowing unauthorized access to your computer.

You may also be interested in the information about the Bloodhound exploit at the link below:

http://www.symantec..../...-99&tabid=2

Turning to your computer. Nothing leaping out at me yet.

Lets carry out an on line scan just to make sure.

Kaspersky on line scanner is very thorough. It can take a long time and for periods may seem not to be working. Just be patient and let it do its job.

Kaspersky works with Internet Explorer and Firefox 3.

Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

Note: you will need to turn off your security programs to allow Kaspersky to do its job.

• Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  • It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  • When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  • Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
    • Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases
  • Click on My Computer under Scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
  • You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
  • Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
Copy and paste that information in your next post.

Advertisements

JQ Public

JQ Public

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It looks clean once again???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Monday, February 9, 2009
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 1 (build 6001)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Monday, February 09, 2009 04:11:22
Records in database: 1772742
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
Q:\
S:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 116597
Threat name: 0
Infected objects: 0
Suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan: 01:22:08

No malware has been detected. The scan area is clean.

The selected area was scanned.

I haven't had auto-protect alerting me to issues for about 12 hours. So that is a good thing. Perhaps smthg I did has worked?

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Well nothing there is there.

Unless your machine has other symptoms there really isn't anything else I can think of to do. :)

Lets clear away those tools we have been using.

Please go here to download OTCleanIt.

Run this program to remove the tools we have been using.

You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process choose Yes.

JQ Public

JQ Public

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks so much! I guess everything is gone now as I haven't gotten an Auto-protect update for 1 whole day! It sure beats the 100's of daily updates I was getting.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Thanks so much! I guess everything is gone now as I haven't gotten an Auto-protect update for 1 whole day! It sure beats the 100's of daily updates I was getting.

You are very welcome :)

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.