Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore7.exe application error

• Please log in to reply

Jewelthief_20

Jewelthief_20

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Somebody please help!!!! I have a laptop, HP dv9335nr with a Nvidia Geforce 7600 GO video card. My laptop will not load into vista. I pulls up a blue screen declaring a page fault in a nonpage area. I have tried to go to HP recovery but f11 will not pull it up. I can enter safe mode. I have also tried to use the recovery discs but they will not work. Everytime I try to pull up the recovery menu I get an error box reading "Restore7.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x77d31ad5 referenced memory at 0x00008084. The memory could not be read."

Also, when I went into device manager in safe mode, the laptop did not show a moniter driver.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error is usually caused by defective RAM (including Ram on your motherboard, L2 cache and video card ram).
Run Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool: http://www.geekstogo...ol-t177564.html
Is the laptop still under warranty?

david50ty

david50ty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Jewelthief_20

Have you had any luck with your restore7.exe problem?

I have a HP laptop with the same error. Its a Pavillion DV9000 series. The LCD stopped displaying altogether, the only means of diagnostics is via an external monitor.

My laptop is 2 months out of warranty!

I have tried recovery using the hard drive version and DVD backup, but get the same error as you did.

I think I'll try the useful suggestion of Broni to use the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool.

best regards

David

david50ty

david50ty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Incidentally, my laptop has the same graphics card. GeForce 7600 Go.

I tried Windows Memory Diagnostics tool within Vista- no errors were detected.

Anyone got any other thoughts?

auclair75

auclair75

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I have a HP pavillion dv9000 as well. Exactly the same problem : "l'instruction ŕ 0x77bc2591 emploie l'adresse mémoire 0x00008084"....
a problem with the restore function and I'm really trapped !!!
Did one of you found the solution ...
Heeeeellpppppp

Regards

david50ty

david50ty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been busy recently and have not had any more time to devote to this. I have been considering taking my laptop somewhere for repair, but I'm not sure where to go, and I also like to try to resolve these issues myself.

Perhaps you should have posted as a new topic to get more attention?

Papa Beir

Papa Beir

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Nobody any news yet? I've got the same problem since this morning :)

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
It's advisable to start your own topic rather than posting your problems in an existing thread.
This gives your problem the full attention that it deserves, and doesn't detract from or confuse the other person's topic

mhereu

mhereu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I have the same computer dv9000t CTO with nvidia7600 and... with the same problem...

Somebody have any idea about how to solved this problem?

Regards,
Martin

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
mhereu
You need to start your own topic.

Jewelthief_20

Jewelthief_20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, well I found out what was the problem. My graphics card burned out. As it is an onboard card it also burned my motherboard, so I had to go out an buy a new motherboard and now it is working just fine. Hope this helps out anybody.

Street Bum

Street Bum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have you installed windows 7 on your dv9000 laptop?

khurrami

khurrami

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem. One thing I did try different was to run Fedora 11 LiveCD and the laptop works just fine, even the screen comes up but it takes a while.
After that the laptop works great, but I need windows... Dont know for sure if this really is the video card problem.

deborahblouin

deborahblouin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have the same issue. I can not get past the error message to access and repair. what do i do?

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
deborahblouin-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Please don't resurrect old posts. Instead, please start your own post in the appropriate forum. A volunteer will be along to help you shortly.