Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help, system speed difference - switched hardware DELL OPTPLEX

• Please log in to reply

frankie31337

frankie31337

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello I am looking for some help if anyone may have any ideas to my problem. I use my computer to play games. Maqinly Eve Online, Warhammer and Warcraft. Problem started when my last computer stopped working, It would turn on, but not startup and I got a blank screen. I dont know the EXACT specs but I know it had 1.3 gigs of RAM, a 80 gig HD and Im using a nvidea 5200 series videocard. I cant exactly remember what the processor was and this is a problem but I believe it was an AMD but equal in speed to a pentium II 2 gig processor. Ok not much of a system but I wa able to run EVE and World of Warcraft with no problems.

I traded in the broke system for a Dell OptiPlex GX60 which has a Intel Celeron with 2 gigahertz processor. I used my old ram from my broke computer so 1.3 gigs of ram (DDR 184pinn) and even swapped in my old harddrive. So the ONLY ting that has changed in my hardware setup is this dell optiplex motherboard and its celeron 2 gig cpu.

But the computer is twice as slow!! I cannot figure it out. What coud it be? I wish I could remember my old procesors specs but I cant. I do know that my old one was not that great either and getting older and thought it was equivalent to a 2 gig processor. But this new system cant run any of my games and it even has trouble streaming video online. It really doest seem to perform as well as it should. And I have no spyware, my harddrive is defragmented.. All the basics covered. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do please reply here or email me at [email protected]. thank you.

Advertisements